Heated phase (92%)
- 3g Incroquat CR (3%)
- 2g cetromonium chloride (2%)
- 10g glycerin (10%)
- 77g very warm water (77%)
Cool-down phase (8%)
- 4g olive squalane (4%)
- 2g panthenol (2%)
- 1g optiphen preservative (1%)
- 1g fragrance oil (1%)
This has too much glycerin to be used as a leave-in detangler.
- You will need one pyrex bowl to create a bain marie (a.k.a. double boiler)
- Weigh out the heated water phase ingredients into a pyrex dish.
- Create a bain marie. Leave on the heat for 5 minutes after all the ingredients have dissolved. If all the ingredients are liquid, leave on the heat 5 minutes after all the ingredients have heated up.
- Stir regularly and thoroughly.
- Take off the heat.
- Continue to stir gently until the mixture has cooled down and thickened.
- Allow to cool to just more than hand hot (45°C if you want to be specific) then add the cool-down phase ingredients. To be honest 45°C is a bit more than hand but I am so scared of inactivating the cool-down phase ingredients that I would rather not risk it.
- Allow the formulation to cool completely then bottle it up.
- As a pre-poo detanglers apply before you shampoo your hair.
- To make your own shampoo see nenonatural.com/DIYshampoos.
The shelf life of is 9 months. Store in a cool, dry place.
You might also like: