Lemon juice has a pH of 2. It is very acidic.
Adding lemon juice to a hair recipe such as an Egg and Lemon Shampoo (recipe below) or rinsing your hair with lemon juice that has been diluted in water has the following benefits:
- It boosts hair's shine/glow.
- It can help to clear dandruff due to its acidity.
- It can apparently help with hair loss problems.
- It helps to seal the cuticle layer (due to it's acidity) thus helping to lock in moisture.
- By sealing the cuticle layer it also helps reduce frizz and define curls.
Lemons also contain limonene, a compound that helps hair lighten faster in the sunshine.
Try: Egg and Lemon Shampoo - DIY Homemade Hair Recipe
eHow. Lemon Benefits for Hair Growth.
LiveStrong. Lemon Juice for a Hair Rinse.