I have thin strands on the lower third of head and this blend really helped to condition and soften those strands.
I wouldn't use cocoa butter in a leave-on product for thin hair but as a hot oil treatment will be rinsed off, it's a great time to enjoy cocoa butter's benefits.
- 20g cupuacu butter
- 10g cocoa butter or coconut oil
- 5 drops rosemary
- 5 drops cedarwood
- 2 drops basil or thyme
- Put all the carrier oils and butters into a small glass, e.g. a shot glass.
- Microwave in 10 second intervals until full dissolved and slightly more than hand hot.
- Add the essential oils and stir.
- Saturate hair with the hot oil especially the tips. Massage into roots.
- Put a shower cap on. Blow dry over the surface for a couple of minutes.
- Cover head in a towel or beanie hat for c.10 minutes to trap the heat and promote absorption of essential oils then shampoo out.
- Use all in one go.
You can store the oil blends indefinitely but re-heating oil that has already cooled would reduce the function of the essential oils – they do not take well to heat.
You might also like:
Neno Natural's DIY Hair Recipes