The vegetable butters, oils and essential oils in the "Adore Me" whipped hair butter are designed to seal moisture in thin strands without weighing the strands down. Before application make sure you moisturize your hair first. If you have thin hair you don't need to use too much product; apply your hair butters sparingly.
- 25g murumuru butter (25%)
- 50g cupuacu or kukui butter (50%)
- 23g fractionated coconut oil (23%) – if you don’t have this liquid version of coconut oil use argan oil or jojoba instead
- 1g vitamin E oil (1%)
Essential oils (1%)
- Fragrance 1% (22 drops);
- If you prefer an essential oil use bergamot or geranium 1% or orange just for the scent.
Wax (0%): None
- Set up a bain marie (a.k.a. a double boiler).
- Place the hardest butter or wax into it.
- Whilst the hard butters and waxes are dissolving place the remaining ingredients (soft butters, oils and fragrance or essential oils) into a deep and narrow plastic container, this is the container you’ll use to blend the whole lot.
- When the ingredients in the bain marie are just soft, remove them from the heat, allow them to cool but not to harden then scoop them into the container containing the other ingredients.
- Using a hand-held blender blend the ingredients until you get the desired consistency.
- Scoop the finished product into any container (glass/plastic/aluminium). You can use a spoon or a cake-decorating piping tube.
- Rub some butter between your palms to dissolve it.
- Apply to hair that has been just moisturized. You can also use this whipped butters as a body butter.
Storage: The shelf life of this butter is about 18 to 24 months.
You might also like: