I got these braids done on June the 14th so I'll have had them for 4 weeks on July 12th. I think they still have two weeks in them so I'll only take them out on 26th June. I still wash my hair weekly except after I just put them in I waited two weeks before the first wash.
These braids are great for hair growth because:
- My hair is protected from breaking. The strands aren't individually vulnerable to breakage as they are bound together.
- The edges have no stress on them
- The single braids in the centre aren't built on a small patch of hair.
- They last a minimum of four weeks giving you a great break from constant hair handling.
- The styles is great for work or play - you can take it anywhere.
I got these done at a salon. I did allow my hair to be blow dried because as I've mentioned before I find that it leads to reduces tangling so that the braiding can be done faster with less resistance as the lines are drawn.
What's slightly unique about the style is that we did single twists in the centre so that when my hair isn't tied up you don't see a gap. It also makes my head look fuller.
I like to wear my style in one of two ways.
- Sometimes I tie it up with a scarf with the twists hanging down.
- Mostly though, I use a scarf to tie it up like a bun. This is my favourite look.
I always use a large scarf or a medium scarf to create my styles.
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.