Whilst twisting or plaiting hair is excellent to prevent matting and tangling, I quite frankly don’t have the time, especially now that I am a mother.
Anyhow, because my hair is long enough I can effectively use the pineapple method for bedtime for a few days without incurring either matting or tangling. Unfortunately, however, the method cannot be used indefinitely because steam in showers and the daily water spritzes to hydrate kinky-curly hair naturally lead to shrinkage and hair gets harder to pineapple.
How Does The Pineapple Method Work?
- After your weekly wash do whatever you do to stretch your hair, I normally two-strand twist.
- At bedtime your hair will be in it’s stretched form. Flatten the sides and push the hair upwards to look like a pineapple (you can use a headband to help with this)
- Use a satin or silk-effect scarf to tie the hair up
- Put a satin cap over any hair that is sticking out at the top for extra protection. This is not a must but I personally like to do it.
- Go to bed looking sexier than usual, lol.
Click to buy a 33.5 inch silk effect scarf to pineapple your hair. The scarf can be worn out to parties as well as in the boudoir.