Seek A Doctor's Advice If You're Pregnant
Using an essential oil that stimulates the uterus means you may go into premature labour which can mean a miscarriage if it is too early.
Even just inhaling the smell of certain essential oils can be enough to do this! I cannot emphasise this point enough.
Test For Allergies With a Patch Test
- Place a little of the product on the crook of your elbow or on the inside of your wrist where you would normally check your pulse.
- Ideally, leave for at least 24 hours, some experts advise as long as 48 hours but that would be problematic for those of us who shower a lot! Do 48 hours if you can.
- If there are no signs of an allergic reaction after this time, it’s okay to use. If you have had a reaction do not use the product.
Signs of an allergic reaction
- A rash
- Any skin breakouts
- Redness and
- Nausea or respiratory reactions
If you’re trying to be “green” then you’ll want to avoid disinfectants with chemicals like chlorine, chlorhexidine or triclosan.
Alcohol (ethanol) is a very sanitary, chemical-free cleaning agent. Personally, I clean the surface using a regular detergent then I wipe it down hard with the below vodka blend.
Neno Natural's Vodka Blend
To make a good smelling surface cleanser pour vodka into a spray bottle (dark glass preferred) and add a few drops of lemon essential oil (great fragrance) or tea tree essential oil (has antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal properties) or peppermint essential oil (has antibacterial properties).
For every 30 ml (1 oz) add a total of 15-18 drops of essential oils (this is a 3% dilution - only suitable for a cleaning product). You can use one or all of the three essential oils I recommend.
- 30 ml supermarket vodka
- + 5 drops lemon essential oil
- + 8 drops tea tree essential oil
- + 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- Pure spring water or
- De-ionized water or
- Floral waters or
You might also like:
Neno Natural's DIY Hair Recipes
Ref: NHS, hydrosol vs. floral water