I don't do gyms because I think:
- My body gets a better work out outside and plus
- You save A LOT of money!
Without protection, however, natural hair takes a real beating in the winter cold: it gets dry and is more prone to breaking. The solution is simple: wear a scarf over your head.
- If the scarf is too silky it will fall off;
- Make sure it's tight enough not to fall but loose enough not to start damaging your hair line.
Oh, and did you know exercise can help to promote hair growth by:
- Reducing the levels of the stress hormone cortisone
- Increasing levels of the "happy" hormone serotonin
- Improving blood circulation
Sweat doesn't have a negative impact on my hair's health or growth so after a jog I don't wash it unless it's my hair wash day, I just rub some hair growth stimulator onto the scalp, fluff my hair out out and style. Job done.