I normally mix my own because all the shea butters I find are either too creamy or too hard; Hug My Hair shea butter is the first one that I have found to have got the texture just right.
The product is so good that the Hug My Hair Webstore has already sold out.
The benefits in my view:
- The product melts very easily in one's hands, this is especially ideal in the winter!
- The product is not too creamy, creamy products are great on dry hair but I have found that they simply don't work as well when my hair is wet.
- It makes good use of essential oils. It contains lavender, rosemary and peppermint: all in my top 5 of best essential oils for hair. My other two favourites are cedarwood and thyme but of course you can't put everything into one product! These essential oils will help to stimulate hair growth, curb dandruff and reduce itchiness.
- The product also uses some of the best carrier oils to achieve it's awesome consistency: avocado, coconut, castor, olive and sweet almond oil. All products that help to lock in moisture and to condition hair.
- No funny preservatives. I don't use products that contain anything I consider harmful to hair, e.g. sulphate etc.
- Extremely light! This 100ml aluminium casing is so light it feels as thought you're not carrying anything, great if you are travelling.
- Last but certainly not least, the label design and logo are awesome.