With a conditioner there are several primary goals:
- To make our hair softer and more moisturised and to stay that way for as long as possible
- To make it easier to detangle and comb
- To reduce shrinkage
- To make it easier to style / manage
- To make it look and feel better if it's damaged
- To make it more shiny although remember that straight hair is naturally more shiny and glossy because of the way light reflect off the strands
Less important goals include:
- Improving body / volume, I see that as a white girl problem because volume is not a problem we generally have;
- To reduce static a.k.a. fly away hairs, another white girl problem - I didn't even know what that was until I started researching DIY recipes in early 2013!
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.