- 30% surfactants, 30g
10% decyl glucoside, 10g
10% coco glucoside, 10g
- 3% PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, 3g
- 5% glycerin, 5g
- 10% aloe vera, 10g
- 2% hydrolyzed silk protein, 2g
- 2.5% jojoba (2.5g) diluted in
- 2.5% polysorbate-80 (2.5g)
- Distilled Water to get it to 100%, 31.5g
Cool-down phase (13.5%)
- 2% Dimethicone, 2g
- 3% polyquat-7, 3g
- 3% panthenol, 3g
- 3% infusion/extract, 3g
- Hibiscus (water-based) or goji berry (oil-based)
- 0.5% citric acid, 0.5g
- 1% fragrance or essential oil, 1g
- 1% optiphen preservative, 1g
Options once completely cool:
- Citric acid (for pH 5.5-6.0)
- Thickener: 1-2% crothix (to use xanthan gum remove honeyquat from recipe & add more water)
Note: you cannot use xanthan gum in this recipe. For an alternative recipe that allows for xanthan gum please get the Shampoo Course book or Ingredients List.
- Put all the heated phase ingredients into a bain marie (you can heat the water in a microwave and add it already hot to accelerate the process)
- As everything dissolves stir to mix.
- Heat ingredients up then leave on the heat for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the heated-phase ingredients from the heat and allow to cool.
- When the mixture cools down to slightly more than hand-hot (i.e. very warm to touch) add all the cool-down phase ingredients.
- Let the mixture cool down completely then check the pH and the consistency.
- If the mixture is too thin thicken it with your liquid thickener, 0.5g (0.5%) at a time.
- If the pH is higher than 5.5, reduce to 5.5 using citric acid, 0.5g (0.5%)at a time.
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
You might also like:
Ref: Hibiscus for beautiful skin & hair