To detangle hair effectively here are a few tips:
- Don't rush.
- Don't do it on an empty stomach as you'll tend to be more aggressive and impatient.
- Plasticize hair before detangling. That is, dampen it with water and a detangler or moisturiser or conditioner.
- Always detangle hair tips first then move further up.
- Use fingers first as they tend to be more gentle on hair
- Once your fingers have done as much work as they can use a good quality wide-tooth comb, like the Neno Natural wide-tooth comb.
How can you avoid tangles?
- Twist your hair before bed so it doesn't get matted;
- Wear protective styles more often as loose hair is more inclined to wrap itself around neighbouring hairs.
Tangles and hair length? Long hair tangles more than short hair. My hair got a lot more knotty and tangly as is it grew longer.
Tangles and curl pattern: very curly hair will tend to tangle more than less curly hair.
Tangles and hair thickness: Thick hair will tend to tangle more than thinner hair.
You might also like:
Natural Hair Growth Tip 6 - Combing! When, How, How much?
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.