Key ingredient: peppermint essential oil.
This is my routine:
1. Wash hair with just water until full soaked and rinsed.
2. Shampoo gently and rinse that out with water only.
3. Fill a big bottle with warm water. I use an old milk bottle (c.3 litres), add 10 drops of peppermint oil. Run that water through the already rinsed hair.
4. Apply conditioner. Leave it in your hair for c.15 minutes with a shower cap over your head. The peppermint will continue working under the heat. I normally blow dry the surface of the shower cap for more heat.
5. Finish your hair routine in your usual way.
Optional step: in step 4 you can add 3 to 5 drops of peppermint essential oil to a handful of conditioner for maximum effect.
Probably. That said:
- I don't add it directly to the shampoo because I don't want to change the composition of the shampoo permanently.
- You can extract just the amount of the shampoo you will use and add the peppermint to that. Personally, I feel that you'd end up rinsing out more off the peppermint oil as it adheres to the shampoo - this is mere conjecture, I haven't researched what chemical reactions happen when peppermint meets shampoo.
- Alternatively, add it directly to the portion of conditioner that you want to use. I do this when my scalp has been very itchy - it works. The peppermints sits in your hair for the 15-30 minutes during which the conditioner is in your hair and works it magic.
Follow me @NenoNatural and check out Neno Natural's Haircare Store.