Argan oil is more resistant to oxidation than olive oil depending on the extraction method and contains two times more vitamin E than olive oil.
- It hydrates hair and stops it from frizzing.
- It penetrates the hair shaft and enhances the elasticity and hence strength of hair; the higher the elasticity of hair, the lower the probability of breakage.
- Argan oil is very rich unsaturated fatty acids (e.g. omega 3 and omega 9) and in vitamin E (two times more vitamin E than olive oil) and as such it nourishes roots and encourages growth.
- Vitamin E also helps to repair any damage incurred from heat treatment, excessive styling or handling and colour treatment.
- As it is naturally rich in antioxidants argan oil repairs cell membranes that are damaged.
- Argan oil locks in moisture and boosts the shininess of hair.
- Argan oil helps to regulate the pH balance of skin as well as sebum production thereby helping to maintain a stable scalp environment.
- Argan oil has a relatively low density compared to other oils so it’s great for application to dry scalps; as it’s light and non greasy it won’t block your pores.
Argan oil contains: fatty acids (80% of which are unsaturated; approximately half of these unsaturated fatty acids are monounsaturated and half are polyunsaturated), phenols, carotenes and squalene, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E (VERY RICH), proteins and minerals.
You might also like:
THE best oil for natural hair. A mega summary!
6 fabulous benefits of avocado oil on natural hair
8 Benefits of Castor oil for natural hair & a warning!
6 top benefits of coconut oil - a MUST for every natural hair regimen!
8 great benefits of jojoba oil on natural hair
5 benefits of sweet almond oil on natural hair
[i] [iii] Argan (wikipedia)
[ii] Argan Oil Society
[iv] Argan oil (wikipedia)