I'm from Adrianna and I am from South Florida, USA.
2. What is your hair type?
3c /4a (in crown) curls.
I transitioned and cut my relaxed ends in 2012. I had a relaxer for most of my life and due to the relaxers, constant straightening, and color, my hair became extremely damaged and short. I decided that I wanted my hair grow longer and healthier, while also embracing my curls.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing was definitely finding out what products and styles work on my hair and staying away from heat tools.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wash my hair once a week, usually a Saturday, and then I’ll either complete a wash n’ go or a braid out to last the entire week. Leaving me only to moisturize daily.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I usually just take down my pineapple that I slept with and use my favorite moisturizer/oil to loosen and refresh my curls.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I moisturize my scalp/hair and create a pineapple to sleep on. Then cover with a satin scarf/bonnet.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Very rarely, I may straighten or blow out my hair to stretch or trim my ends.
Ivery rarely braid my hair. My scalp gets pretty dried out so I don’t tend to braid my hair often. I’ve braided my hair twice this year. The first time was a protective style with a few chunky cornrows braided and twisted into buns. The second time I braided my bangs out of my face all the way to my crown area.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I tend to wear my hair loose.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
About a few months into being fully natural I decided to dye my ends red. At first, my hair was doing fine BUT, I was really inexperienced with taking care of color treated hair and I was still learning about my natural curls. Eventually, my ends became dry and brittle, reducing my length a bit. So, I turned to protective styling and constant deep conditioning. Every so often I would clip my ends to get rid of the color until there was none left.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! And stay away from heat as much as you can.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.