Amber Cunningham/ Birmingham, AL (currently Auburn AL)
2. What is your hair type?
I would consider myself a 3b/3c mixture
My last relaxer was May 2012 and my big chop was April 2013. I had been natural for 17 years prior to my first relaxer but didn't know how to wear my hair curly the first time around so I wanted to give it another try.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Learning what my hair liked
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Co-wash, deep condition, and wash and go style
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Fluff and go lol
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Sleep on a satin pillow case. that's it!
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Direct heat, no. I do diffuse and sit under a hooded dryer occasionally
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Maybe once a year
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Not necessarily a tragedy, but I have had many setbacks that come with learning your hair. I've lost hair due to taking braids out wrong and not keeping my hair moisturized. I recovered by simply learning what I did wrong in that situation and modifying my regimen accordingly.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Keeping it SUPER moisturized!
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).