1. What's your name and where are you from?
Hey there, I’m Andrea and I’m from Houston, Texas, USA.
2. What is your hair type?
I’m actually not to sure exactly but probably in the 4a area. I have a few different patterns like most naturals so I can’t just pick one.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural a little over three years ago. I was tired of getting relaxers and constantly damaging and putting harmful chemicals in my hair.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Probably trying to style both my new growth and relaxed ends. I got frustrated from time to time when styles didn’t come out the way I wanted to. Also, finding the right products to use after my big chop was a lot of trial and error. It got easier once I found a regimen and good products.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I actually have a video up on my YouTube channel with all the steps and products! But I’ll wash (shampoo + condition), deep condition, apply a leave-in then comb out my hair. I’ll apply whatever butter and gel I’m using at the time and then braid my hair for a braid out.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I’ll apply a dab of oil through out my hair and shake it out and then pick at the roots for volume.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I’ll either use the Pineapple method or just put my hair in two loose ponytails. I sleep on a satin pillowcase so I won’t put on a satin cap, but I do wear it when I’m not sleeping on a satin case.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I try not to, I’ve gone a little over three years without straightening it. I do blow it out every couple of months but on low heat.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Only for braid outs, I’ve tried french braiding my hair but because of how thick my hair is it never comes out as smooth as I want it to. I have been itching to try braids with extensions like Solange wears.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Neither! I use a tangle teezer, it works great since I am tender headed. I’ll only use a wide tooth in the shower when my hair is soaking wet.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Loose, it’s gotten long enough for me to do a big puff, so I’ll do that when my hair is getting closer to wash day.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Not really, the closest thing would probably be after I lifted my color and had it dyed to a honey blondish color and it faded to orange. I still cringe looking at older photos of it.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Find styles and products that work for you! Everyone has different hair types, genes, and tons of other health factors that go into how long/healthy your hair is. I try my best to use as much natural products as I can and be healthy when it comes to eating and my lifestyle.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Black Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coils?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: