1. What's your name and where are you from?
Andrea Imafidon aka Drea, I am a Brown Girl from Boston but live in Providence, Rhode Island
2. What is your hair type?
I have at least three different hair types: 3c, 4a and 4b, I told you, lol.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural on April 26, 2010 when I relocated to Chicago. It was one of the most liberating things I ever did in my life. I went back to my natural state because I grew tired of waiting endless hours and spending endless money at the salon for my hair to be damaged. I also wanted to be liberated from chemical and transition my lifestyle.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing about going natural was not knowing what to do with my hair. I would spend hours enrolling into Youtube University lol and becoming frustrated when my hairstyle did not come out exactly like the tutorial.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I usually co-wash between my washes, detangle, condition. I also deep condition and use hot oil rinse more in the winter since I live in frigid New England.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I usually light spray my hair with water and oil mix and fluff my hair and go.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I usually light spray my hair with the water and oil mix along with lightly oiling my hair before I use the pineapple method.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I barely use heat on my hair. Usually when I get a protective style, my stylist blow dries my hair to get a better grip when braiding it.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes, I do braid my hair and I usually have it braided three or more times a year to protect and grow my hair.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I use a wide-tooth comb.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I usually wear it loose during the warmer and milder months. During the cold winter months, I usually braid it and wear protective styles.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I really haven’t had any hair tragedies thank the Lawd! The only minor one I think I had was when a stylist tried to do a wash and go on my hair and my hair is too thick and course for that. I looked like a chia pet.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
I have long and thick hair and my best advice is to do what is best for your hair and don’t be a product junkie. If you find something that works for your hair stick with that product instead of spending endless amounts of money on products that are not compatible with your hair type.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: