My Name is Ashley from New Jersey.
2. What is your hair type?
I went natural Sep/3/2012 and I made the decision because I realized that the texture of my hair did not require the use of a relaxer in order to be straight. I also wanted fuller hair.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Finding out what worked for my hair and developing a regimen fit for me.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
My weekly regimen consists of a wash and deep condition, the LOC method and preparing for my style of the week.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I don’t have one per se but if my hair is out, I usually add some type of light moisturizer.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Sealing in moisture for the next day which mostly, is setting my hair with water if the style calls for it and most importantly sleeping with a satin scarf or on a satin pillow case.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes, I do use heat, mostly for blow outs on a warm or cool setting.
I wouldn’t say often, maybe once or twice a year.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide tooth comb.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes. Heat damage from flat ironing too much. I cut the damaged ends.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Give your hair some TLC the best way that YOUR hair will respond. Maintain moisture and trim as needed.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.