Well hello there! I'm Bethany Kronick from Connecticut
2. What is your hair type?
Tight 4a Coils
March 12th 2015 // My relaxed hair was constantly breaking no matter how well I took care of it. So after having some major breakage from protective style gone wrong, I chopped. I was 5 months post-relaxer.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
I've never had a high self esteem. So being that my hair was then very short and my curls didn't pop up right away, it was hard not to feel like a boy sometimes.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
It changes depending on my hair needs but I'll typically 1) Shampoo or Cowash 2) Detangle 3) Deep Condition and 4) Style. I will add a clay mask and protein or hot oil treatments to those steps as needed.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Edge control and fluff for pretty much every style; Wash and go, braid-out, twist-out, puff...etc.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I plan ahead. Whenever I style I make sure I have enough moisture in my hair so I don't have to remoisturize between styling. So at night I just put in a silk scarf a hit the hay.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I do and always with a heat protectant.
Yes // I can't count really. I love braid-outs.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Loose. The closest I get to protective styling is mini twists. But I do those often.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Tragedy? No. Set back? Yes. // Breakage from color damage and tight flat twists. // It's still a work in progress. But mostly patience and having constant good hair habits.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Regular deep conditioning with products that work for your hair can make or break your hair. Literally. If you don't deep condition, your hair journey will fail.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply