My name is Brantley and I'm from Dallas, Texas.
2. What is your hair type?
1980. I had a bad experiences with Jerri Curl Relaxers and Sew-ins.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
My edges not being straight.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I use "Sisters of Isis Products" exclusively (shampoo, scalp cream and conditioner).
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I spray my hair with Sisters of Isis (SOS) Leave in Conditioner, then I rub the Sisiters of Isis Scalp (SOS) cream onto my scalp thoroughly, and lastly, I style my hair with Sisters of Isis (SOS) Aloe Vera Styling Gel.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I re-condition my scalp and shaft SOS Leave In Conditioner along with a SOS thyme and basil rinse.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes I do Braid my hair. I braid my hair three times a year with alternate natural styles in between braiding.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
No comb....I occasionally use a boar bristle brush.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
In a 1 year period its a balance of both loose and protective styles.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes and it happened when I had my first child. I had surgery during delivery and left extension in my hair for a while. Because of hormonal changes, nerves, and the medications I was prescribed, my blood was weakened and this resulted in serious hair loss. I had to change my diet completely, to one that included drinking plenty of water, and foods high in alkalinity (i.e. green leafy, herbal teas, lots of juicing, etc.).
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Keep the blood clean by drinking dandelion tea, and eating or juicing the herb daily.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.