1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Cecily, aka Cecilys Natural I am from Milwaukee, Wisconsin currently staying in Conway, Arkansas.
2. What is your hair type?
Hair type 3C
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural June 10, 2014. I was tired of my hair always breaking off, & I never got perms often but every 3 months maybe longer & one day I just noticed all the new growth I had & how pretty my curl pattern was & just decided to go natural. & I'm very happy I made that decision my hair has been the healthiest it has ever been
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing about going natural was when I was transitioning for about 6 months, trying to maintain my natural curl pattern & also my transitioning ends.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Sunday is normally wash day for me, I like to co wash, with Shea moistures 10 renewal conditioner & deep condition with there raw Shea butter deep conditioner then style my hair either in a braid out, or twist out, using there curl enhancing smoothie & a little argan oil to last the whole week
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I like to just spray some type of oil on my hair to hydrate my hair for the day & head on out the door. I keep it simple
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
For my night time routine I always mist my hair with a little bit of water mixed with Sheamoistures 10 renewal conditioner & rub a little oil on my hair & put my silk scarf on to protect my ends & I'm ready for bed
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I used heat on my hair once when I was 6 months natural but have not since then because my hair began to shed a whole lot.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I love braiding my hair. Protective styling has helped me so much with my hair growth journey. I braid my hair about 6 times a year. I like to do Marley braids & box braids
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide tooth comb.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Equal I like to protective style & also let my fro out.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
When I got my hair straightened for the first time I had some heat damage. But I really took care of my hair constantly deep conditioning twice a week & treating my hair like a baby, keeping it moisturized & I have no more heat damage & so glad I didn't have to cut my hair to recover from it
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
My biggest tip is deep conditioning, I think deep conditioning is super important for keeping your hair moisturized & giving it all the nutrients that it needs. Specially with curly hair we need all that moisture to keep our hair from being dry. deep conditioning is key
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: