1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Chinwe Juliet aka Igbocurls across social media and I am from Nigeria.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is 4b & 4c which is a mix of kinks and coils.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural sometime during the summer of 2011 after I received a scalp injury from a relaxer.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
When I started out, my biggest problem was learning how to get my hair soft and combing it but when I later found out, everything was smooth sailing from there.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I try to wash my hair every 2weeks and it could be anytime during the week. All I do is pre-poo with my favorite Extra Virgin Olive oil or a moisturizer like As I am CocoShea spray, shampoo, deep condition, ACV Rinse, Leave-in Conditioner, add a hair butter and seal it all in with oil.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I don't moisturize my hair daily but rather, every 2-3 days and most times my hair is already in a protective style so all I need to do is spray on my favorite hair spritz ( Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier) and I'm out the door.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Every night I simply tie a satin/silk scarf and go to sleep. If I have to restyle my hair, I take down my style and re-moisturize with a good leave in conditioner, hair butter and seal with an oil.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I hardly use heat. I've been natural for almost 5 years and I've used heat to blowout my hair just 4 times. Heat is not a necessity for natural hair.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes I do braid my hair myself. Most times, twice a year with different colors because it's the safest way to do so without actually damaging your hair.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Neither. My fingers are best.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Mostly in Creative protective styles since I live in a very hot country.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I've had so many hair mistakes lol! But thankfully non of them were damaging to my hair. I remember one time, I had to go to work with onion bits stuck in my hair for days!
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
It's all about your ends! You can't retain length or have long hair if your natural hair is constantly breaking. Pay extra attention to your ends when you moisturize and deep condition and always protect them by wearing styles that keep them hidden.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: