1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Coretta L Campbell and I am originally from Chicago, IL until I was 19, then I moved to Milwaukee, WI lived there for 20 years and now I live in beautiful San Antonio, TX!
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is 4 b/c
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural on January 13, 2011 with the love and support of my sister and one of my really good friends. I got tired of the relaxers, the breakage and the minimum hairstyles.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Learning how to care for my hair such as what it needed and what worked well for my natural hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
My weekly regimen consist of a hot oil treatment (coconut oil), shampoo (U R Curly), deep condition (hair mayonnaise), L.C.O and protective style.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
In the morning I spritz my hair with water/conditioner/oil mix (I also keep a small spay bottle in my purse to moisturize through out the day if necessary) since it's cold out I rub on some shea butter and then top it off with olive oil to seal in the moisture.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
At night I massage my scalp/edges with castor oil, spritz with my mixture, put on my satin bonnet and I'm off to sleep.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
It's very rare that I use heat on my hair unless I'm stretching it for braids.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes I braid my hair, but only when I wear my wigs and that's only once or twice a month. I don't do micro braids anymore because they caused damage to my edges.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I use both actually, but I use my wide-tooth comb more because I have less breakage with it.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is normally in a protective style. Every now and again I wear it out to let my fro breath :)
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes a year ago I went to a "so called natural hair" salon for a blow dry and flat iron to see how much my hair had grown since my big chop and suffered some sporadic heat damage through out my hair, but with a lot of love, protein treatments and trimming as it grew out my hair is healthy and happy again.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
The biggest tips that helped me were keeping my hair moisturized, protective styling, and lots of T.L.C!
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc)
I am Coretta Naturallydoingme Campbell on Facebook, @corylc39 on Twitter, and Coretta Campbell on You Tube.
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: