My name is Dani Jackson and I am from West Palm beach, Florida.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is 3c and 4a.
I went natural in September 2012.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
I never did a big chop so my transition was challenging. It was also interesting finding the right products to "play nice" with my newly curly hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I am a wash and go girl because I work out a lot. So usually I cowash 2 to 3 times per week and spray with water to keep hydrated daily.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I spray my hair with water and put in Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie as my styler. I then seal with an oil usually jojoba.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
At night I spray with water and wear a satin bonnet to bed or I will twist it up before bed.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Once a year I do a length check and good trim. That's the only time I use heat.
If so, how often do you do so in a year? If I am going out I will do a braid out so I so it frequently.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide tooth comb for me.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Typically it's loose. With my position it would be difficult for me to do a protective styling.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I have been lucky not to have any catastrophes. My only thing was I let my hair go without a trim for about a year so I had the worst case of split ends. I had to trim more frequently to get it all under control.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Trim and deep condition your hair on a regular basis. Take vitamins and drink lots and lots of water.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.