1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Deanna Bocâge-Pace. I was born and raised in New Orleans but have spent a great portion of my life in Virginia.
2. What is your hair type?
I have type 4 hair (a mixture of all 3)
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I did my big chop in March 2010. I was tired of going through repeated cycles of growth followed by breakage and a lot of shedding. So I decided to give it a try.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
For me, it was going through the growing phase and getting my hair to a length that I felt I could work with. I wanted big hair!
5. What is your weekly regimen?
When I find the time, I may co-wash once a week and do what I call "the works" toward the end of the week or every 2 weeks. I shampoo, condition, deep condition and treat my scalp using apple cider vinegar.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I don't always have the energy to retwist every night so I usually wear my hair in a low maintenance semi protective style during the week and where my hair out on the weekend days. In the morning, I usually just take off my bonnet, fix up my edges or refresh my style and go.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I may add some moisturizer to my hair, put on my bonnet and go to bed :)
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes, I use heat on my hair. I may straighten my hair twice a year. I will use my blow dryer on a low setting to stretch my hair if I'm going for that type of look.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I don't care for braiding because I generally don't have the patience. I think I have done maybe 2 braidouts since I've been natural. I haven't done any braid extensions on my hair myself.
10 Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Yes, I have used both. I use my Denman or Tangle Teezer to detangle with conditioner on my hair.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I would say it's about 50/50. I do both.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
No, I haven't and prayerfully I don't but it's hair so I believe it will grow back.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Moisturize and Seal. Whenever you feel your hair is dry and in need of nourishment, spritz some water (THE best moisturizer) on your hair in sections and apply a moisturizer followed by an oil to seal in the moisture. My favorite oils are jojoba oil, extra virgin olive oil, castor oil and grape seed oil.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
I can be found here:
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: