I'm DeShaunah, I am from South Florida, USA.
2. What is your hair type?
I big chopped in 2013 after badly damaging my hair from relaxers and constantly coloring my hair.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing was finding styles for short hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wash my hair every 2 weeks, and do a twist/braid out to last the entire week. Again, moisturizing daily.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I usually use a moisturizer/oil and fluff out my curls and make a large puff on top of my head.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I moisturize my scalp/hair and create a pineapple to sleep on. Then cover with a satin scarf/bonnet.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Very rarely, I may straighten or blow out my hair to stretch or trim my ends.
I’ve braided my hair once this year, but won’t be doing so again anytime soon.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I tend to wear my hair loose.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
When I had relaxed hair, I constantly colored and cut my hair and eventually my hair started breaking off, so I big chopped and went natural.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! And stay away from heat as much as you can.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.