I am Ebony and I am from Columbus, Ohio, USA.
2. What is your hair type?
I am a mixture. I think I am a mix between 3c, 4a & 4b.
I returned to natural in June 2011. I did it because I had been wanting to take the leap for years, but I didn’t know how it would work out for me. I made the final decision in about a 24 hour time frame and decided I would do it if I woke up the next morning with it still heavy on my mind.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Finding out what works for your hair. Everyone is different and just because anothers hair may look similar to yours; it is not always the case that the same things will work on both heads.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I usually wash and deep condition weekly. I am color treated, so weekly DC’s are vital. I don’t have a strict or tedious regimen.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Taking down any set style I may have or co-washing to prepare for a wash n go. I just cut my hair again, so my daily regimen is pretty simple.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Just twisting my hair up and wearing a bonnet. Or maybe just a bonnet, depending on the state of my hair.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Not very often. I can probably count on both hands the number of times I have used heat on my hair.
No. I am not very good at protective styling.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I use both
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is always loose
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Sort of! When my hair was longer I bleached my hair a few times and suffered a little damage. That is part of the reason why I cut my hair. I kind of just wanted to start fresh and it is just hair; it will grow back.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Leaving it alone. Low manipulation. If you color treat your hair make sure to get it done professionally and take good care of it. Also, learn your hair and what works for it.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
- Blog: thenaturalexperience.net
- Facebook: facebook.com/TheNaturalExperience
- Twitter: @thenaturalexp
- Instagram: @thenaturalexp
- Youtube: youtube.com/msejohnson
- Pinterest: pinterest.com/ynobeshop
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.