1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Hilary Morgan. I'm from St. Louis, Missouri and I currently reside in Denton, TX.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair is a mixture between 3b/c
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I haven't gotten a relaxer since I was a child. In December 2014, I decided to stop using heat on my hair and I transitioned for about 8 months when I did my Big Chop in August.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
My biggest challenge when going natural was getting in the routine of a daily hair regime. After my big chop, getting used to maintaining short hair was difficult. I've always had long hair so it was definitely a struggle when braiding and twisting shorter hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I co-wash my hair about once a week and I typically wear a protective style over the weekends. I'm sure to detangle at least once a week and I moisturize with water and leave-in conditioner, moisturize with curling creme and seal with a mixture of coconut and black castor oil.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
My daily morning regime typically consists oiling my hands and unraveling my twists or curls into smaller sections, then using a pick to separate my roots and then style my baby hair ;)
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I'm so lazy when it comes to a night regime. I try to twist my curls but some days my hair doesn't cooperate and I end up just throwing my purple bonnet on my hair and dealing with it in the morning.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I blow dry my hair about once every 2-3 months.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Not often, I'm more of a twist out kinda girl...
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
My Big Chop was sort of my hair tragedy. I cut my own hair so it was insanely uneven. After cutting it, I realized what a mistake I made and was extremely self conscious about my hair. I overcame this by working hard on styling and re-cutting my hair everyday until I had a cut I was comfortable with.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Loving your own curl pattern. Your hair is never going to look exactly like mine, just like mine will never look like anyone else's curl pattern. I love MY hair and I do what's best for MY hair. Something else might work better for you and vice versa. It's a beautiful love story.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: