My name is Jessica Harmon and I am and always will be from sunny Miami, Fl, yet I currently reside in Houston, TX
2. What is your hair type?
4C dry hair
I simply always wanted long healthy hair and with a perm I never achieved that. So at the beginning of 2012 I decided to begin transitioning.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Transitioning and taking care of the two hair types. After about 6 months of transitioning I big chopped and never regretted it. I rocked my twa😎
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Well I wash every other week. I use 3 products: Shea Butter and coconut oil blend to, Cantu Coconut curling cream, and Eco styler gel to do my twist-outs or my braid-outs for the week.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
If I have twist or braids I spritz my hair with water, put a dab of my Shea-Coconut oil mix in my palms and gently rub into the ends of my hair. Then I untwist, finger fluff and go.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I put a dab of my Shea-Coconut oil mix in my palms and gently rub into the ends of my hair. Put my hair into a pineapple puff and tie a silk scarf around my head. I keep it simple
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
No, I did once last year and my hair shed horribly so since then I haven't.
Not braids with weave, but I do braid up my hair myself, just to have a braid out Afro.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide Tooth Comb all day.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is usually loose. I love my fro being free.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes it was when I first colored my hair and it began to break off. I learned what deep conditioners worked, to repair, and began to give my hair weekly oil treatments to heal and restore my hair.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Keep it simple. Find 3 to 4 products that are tried and true and work for your hair. Low maintenance styles that allow your hair the freedom to grow in interrupted, and be kind to your hair, no pulling and harsh combing.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.