1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Jocelyn Minta and I am from Maidstone Kent, UK.
2. What is your hair type?
I have 4a/4b hair.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural on the 1st of January 2011. I watched serra2544 on YouTube and I was inspired to go natural as well.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
At the time when I began my journey, I had no idea what to do to my hair in terms of detangling, conditioning and even how many times I had to shampoo. All these were new to me because I always visited the salon when I was relaxed. I did my research and had so much information on how to handle my natural hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I moisturize my hair every other day. Prepoo on fridays and deep condition on Saturdays. I use the OLCO (Oil (Scalp), Liquid and Cream, Oil) method to moisturize my hair. I wash my hair once a month in the winter months.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Depending on my schedule as I am a super busy person, I may choose to moisturize my hair or just spritz it.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I massage my scalp with the Sheabeutimia hair growth serum which does magic for me. I hate tying my hair so I sleep on a satin pillowcase instead.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I use heat once in a year.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
In the 3 years of being natural, I have braided 3 times. I love to wear my natural hair.
10 Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I would choose wide-tooth comb but I love my fingers more.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is always in a protective-do for example I am doing a 3 month challenge where I do bantu knots, keep it in for a week and wash at the weekend.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
My hair tragedy was during my recent pregnancy. I had serious hair loss in my crown area that I felt like chopping my whole hair off. I was so depressed that I forgot I could make a formulation that will grow back the hair. Kudos to my hubby who reminded me!
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Keep it simple and love your hair.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
You can catch me on my
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: