I'm Jonna from Virginia.
2. What is your hair type?
3c/4a/4b, yes I have all three on one head
I stopped relaxing my hair in July 2008, and big chopped in December 2008. I did it as a move towards a healthier lifestyle and out of curiosity as to what my natural hair would look like.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Transitioning was the most challenging for me; that's why it only lasted 5 months. Figuring out how to deal with two textures was too much work for me.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Deep condition, cleanse, detangle, moisturize and style. Then just maintain the style throughout the week.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
If it's in a protective style, nothing much usually. If a loose style, fluff and go.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Pineapple with a satin scarf if I'm wearing a loose style. If it is in a protective style, I just sleep on my satin pillow case.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes. I use indirect heat from blowdryers, hooded dryers, and my Heat Therapy Wrap.
No I don't.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Protective-do during the week, and loose on the weekends.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I was a hair model for a color class for cosmetologists, and the color I got was way too intense for me. I also didn't like the placement of the color - it was smack dab in the middle of my head. I went to another cosmetologist who specializes in color correction, and she adjusted the color to tone it down, and make it more natural by adding highlights. She made sure the integrity of my hair wasn't compromised. I love the color now.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Focus on just that, healthy hair, versus focusing on styling so much. Most product junkies aren't buying deep conditioners - they are buying styling products trying to get a look that their hair may not even be capable of. Unhealthy hair often is the culprit for why styles don't turn out right. Focus on your hair's health, and that most likely included seeing a professional hair stylist at least twice a year.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.