1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Khristian Devereux and I am from lil ol’ Macon, Georgia
2. What is your hair type?
Like many naturals I have a few hair textures throughout but mostly 4b and 4c
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
My last relaxer was January 2, 2012 and I decided to do it as a quest for healthier hair and to grow out my hair. I’d researched how to achieve healthy long relaxed hair but then I decided that ultimately it would be best to just embrace my natural hair and curl pattern.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Being patient! When I big chopped, that was the shortest my hair had ever been, and I didn’t take shrinkage into account so the length took a little while to get used to. But now I miss short hair of course.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wash my hair weekly with Dr. Bronner’s Lavender Castile Soap (that stuff is awesome! It is multipurpose- I am all about keeping it simple!) and then I follow up immediately with a 30 minute deep condition. Lately I have been loving TGIN’s deep conditioner and Shea Moisture’s Superfruit Complex deep conditioner. Then Immediately after I moisturize with the KimmayTube Leave-In conditioner recipe.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
In the mornings, I usually take down my braid outs. Unless I have a special event where I want to look extra nice, my hair usually goes In a bun or ponytail a good 85% of the time.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
At night I apply the KimmayTube Leave in and sometimes oil or butter to my ends. Every other night I usually spray a little water on my hair before applying the leave in.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes! I’m not afraid of the occasional blowout or even sitting under a dryer to set a hair style.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I braid my hair nightly into about 8-10 braids but I haven’t had braids installed as a protective style since about the 2nd grade lol.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I have both actually and If I HAAAAD to choose I’d say wide tooth comb, but honestly, I finger detangle more than anything.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Oh goodness yes. When I was relaxed I seem to always be having hair setbacks. I’d recover by switching beauticians or trying biotin or something like that. When I was in the first grade I sawed off my bangs with a nail file too….TRAGIC.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
My biggest tip for maintaining healthy hair is to keep it moisturized! Your hair is like a beautiful flower that needs water!
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: