1. What's your name and where are you from?
I'm Kiara and I am from Hampton, Virginia, United States.
2. What is your hair type?
I have a mixture of mostly 4a with some 3c patches
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I decided to go natural about 6 years ago, I transitioned for a year and then big chopped Aug 2010. My decision came after dealing with my skin condition after a really bad relaxer experience.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
For me, learning what worked for my hair and what didn't seemed to be the most difficult part. It took a lot of trial and error.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I usually wash my hair weekly, most times Friday nights so my hair has time to air dry. I try to pre-poo with an oil to help detangle, wash with either bentonite clay, ACV, or my fav Trader Joe's shampoo & conditioner. I try to deep condition every wash and I style my hair once a week as well.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I usually take down my pineapple, spray a little water on it, shake down my curls and walk out the door.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I normally work out most afternoons so my hair is in a pineapple, so to prep for night time I just tie my hair up in a satin scarf.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I do. I rarely use flat irons or curling tools. I do use my blow dryer at times as well as sit under a hooded dryer occasionally.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Normally once, or twice a year at the most. I normally don't leave them in for longer than a month at a time because I start missing my hair.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
It's normally loose. Protective styles and I, just don't get along because I like being able to wash my hair. lol But I do plan to try a few this upcoming winter.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I would say currently I am experiencing some hair issues. I've been experimenting a lot more and trying new things which causes me to play in my hair a lot more often. I want to focus on health and strand retention. That is my current goal and I think adapting a method that keeps me from playing in my hair all the time will help.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Enjoying every moment of your journey! A lot of us get so wrapped up in length checks and how fast everyone else's hair is growing that we try to rush our journey. Loving your hair every step of the way will require you to focus on its health and that in turn will promote length retention.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: