My name is Korryn Johnson and I am from the Inland Empire, California.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is 3b, 3c, and 4a.
One day in class I was sitting behind this girl who had beautiful curls and I started to wonder where I can buy some weave like that. After not being able to find any extensions that mimicked her hair, I started to remember that my hair used to be curly like that until I heat damaged it. A month later I made my appointment for my big chop on October 25, 2014.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing about going natural was having to hear everyone's rude comments. Returning natural has taught me how to have thick skin.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Every weekend I shampoo, co-wash, deep condition, and sometimes I do a hot oil treatment.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I take down my mini pineapples and just fluff it out.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I put my hair into 5 mini pineapples.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
The only time I use heat on my hair is when I'm using my diffuser or sitting under my hooded dryer. Even then, the heat is still on low.
The only time I braid my hair is when I get box braids and that's not very often.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is normally loose.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Well I wouldn't exactly say it was a tragedy but it was kind of bad. I was trimming my hair and when I finished, I noticed I cut too much off the front. The back was still long, the middle was medium length, and the top was short and it looked so ugly! Then I started to work with it and it turns out that it looks perfect in an Afro!
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Don't use a flat iron so often (or at all), keep a consistent regimen, and always keep your hair moisturized & trimmed!
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.