1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is LaShon Renee and I’m from Los Angeles, CA.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair is a mixture of 3b, 3c, and 4a
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I decided to go natural about 3 years ago after seeing the movie “Good Hair”. I was shocked to learn about the chemicals in relaxers so I stopped perming my hair shortly thereafter.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging part was learning what to do! I didn’t know what it meant to be natural, how to style my own hair, or even what my real hair texture was.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
My weekly regimen is to wash and deep condition. I also incorporate hot oil and protein treatments once or twice a month.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Daily I spritz my hair with water or a water based leave-in conditioner and then I seal with oil.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
At night I tie up my hair with a scarf or satin bonnet.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I use heat to straighten my hair about twice a year and I blow dry my hair if the style calls for it.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I braid my hair every summer. It’s so hot and humid in the summer the last thing I want to be bothered with is hair so I always look forward to my summer of braids.
10 Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I’m all about the Tangle Teezer and a good wide-toothed comb.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is normally loose but I have not retained as much length as I was hoping for last year so I will be incorporating more protective styles.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I haven’t had what I call a hair tragedy but I have had some hair setbacks. I’ve learned from each setback which has helped me and has helped me help others.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Maintaining healthy hair takes time and patience so it is important to work on developing a regimen that works for your hair and to avoid comparing your hair to others.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
I blog about all things natural hair! Feel free to connect with me online.
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: