1. What's your name and where are you from?
Lateefah Cisero (social media name: lalanaturallyme) I'm from: Virginia (DMV, aka DC, Maryland, Virginia)
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural 3 years ago, I've always considered myself a natural girl inside and out, I went natural with my hair, as i felt it totally completed me being lalanaturallyme.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing about going natural was finding products that work for my hair texture, I know in the community hair typing is big, but i never quite got what worked for me just following someone or noticing someone that had what i thought was my texture hair, so i was truly a product fanatic till i found my regiment.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I only co-wash once a week, use conditioner only, i do not use shampoo at all
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I use aloe vera juice as a daily moisturizer instead of water
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I spray my hair with aloe vera juice, use a little leave in conditioner and pineapple my hair
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I've only straightened my hair once in the three years to cut my ends, I have not straightened my hair at all since then in the three years of being natural. I've used heat on my roots occasionally to add length, I only do this if i want length and have not pineappled my hair enough to stretch to desire length
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
No. I do not braid my hair
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide tooth comb
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
My hair is always loose, i only did protective styling in the beginning of my transition to natural hair.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes, I had a hair tragedy in my first year of going natural, as mentioned above, I got my ends trimmed in the first year and i thought i had to straighten my hair to do so, and when i did and got my ends trimmed, when i went to wet my hair and my hair took on its curly state, my hair was so uneven some ends were a little heat damage. Only way i over came this was to go back to my regiment of not using heat and only trimming in the curly state, heat damaged ends grew out and all is healthy now, no damage to my hair since this...Yeah!
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
My biggest tip to my beauties out there: know the power of Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera juice is a great moisturizer for your hair, Aloe Vera Gel (100%), is a great moisturizer for your skin and if you want the total natural effect of Aloe Vera, drink Aloe Vera Juice.Aloe vera contains a huge amount of vitamins including vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C, and E, so putting this in your body and your hair,,,,you will see be nourished inside and out.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: