Luyando Handia, and I'm Zambian
2. What is your hair type?
I officially went natural in April 2012. I didn't really think I would, but I stopped getting a relaxer because it was too much to keep up with.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Trying to figure out what worked for my hair. It's not easy to go from straight to kinky with no guidance.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I tend to go with the flow. I try to wash my hair weekly, but I seldom get around to it. I moisturize 3 times a week with whatever products I have lying around. I experiment with products all the time for my YouTube channel, so I don't have many staples. I usually wear my hair in a bun, puff or banana clip that way I can moisturize it as often as I want.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
It's usually in a bun or updo, so I wake up ready to go.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
A satin scarf...if I remember. I typically prep my hair for the morning at night. I am training myself to massage my edges with oil.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I recently used heat for the first time since 2013. I may start doing it three times a year so that I can be sure to get a good trim.
I cornrow it whenever I wear weaves and I will have it in box braids or Senegalese twists at least three times a year. I especially love braids in the summer.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
It's an even split
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I've never had a hair tragedy, but I have accidentally cut the back of my hair before.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Do not over-manipulate your hair and keep your ends even. All of that twisting and bantu knotting will catch up to you. If you don't manipulate your hair all the time, you won't have to trim it as much and you won't run the risk of set-backs.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.