1. What's your name and where are you from?
Hello, I’m Pastaveia, I'm a Florida native however I reside in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA
2. What is your hair type?
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I decided to go natural after my family moved to CA and was shocked at the prices for relaxers back in Aug 2009.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Personally, I haven’t had any major challenges; however I would say that I had to learn patience. Patience for myself and the learning curve I was now experiencing getting to understand my hair and how it responds to certain styles, products and ingredients.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Ha! What routine? Honestly I haven’t kept a “routine” since my first 6 months. Nowadays I simple cleanse my hair and style depending upon the time I have available and my mood.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Removing my satin scarf (fluffing is optional) and going about my day (most days) I really let me hair kinda do whatever now. I enjoy a wild mane.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Putting on a satin scarf. I no longer re-twist at night.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Yes, ma’am. The last time was in 2013. I’m not one to freak out about heat. It’s just hair at the end of the day and if its damage then I’ll cut and move on with my life. Short is chic and fun too!
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
Yes. I couldn’t tell you an exact number but I keep in my braids, twists (with extensions) for only 3 weeks. Mainly because I get bored with the look.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
All of the above and my fingers.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
It’s about 50/50 of both, again depending upon what I have going on. When I’m traveling for work, I style my hair in Marley twist so that it's one less thing I need to worry about in an environment I’m not used to.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
EAT healthy, DRINK tons of water and don’t stress over it – the health of your hair has a lot to do with your diet and lifestyle. Products aren’t the end all- be all and we shouldn’t be putting so much faith in them because companies get bought out, formulas change. If you find that you hair enjoys aloe and Shea butter for example– its best and more economically sound, to go straight to the source and create your own mix. You can then make it whenever and know that the ingredients won’t change unless you make it – bonus you can create the product as a gift to friends and family or sell it and make some extra $$. Instant Entrepreneur!
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: