My name is Priscilla, I’m from London.
2. What is your hair type?
I transitioned in 2012 for a year and did the big chop in 2013. I decided to go natural because my texturised hair was damaged and I wanted healthier hair, to care and grow my hair longer.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Finding the right moisturiser.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I do my wash day bi-weekly, so I would shampoo, condition and deep condition. Throughout the week, I would moisturise my hair with water, any moisturiser of my choice and my oil mix. Occasionally, I would co-wash through the week depending on my hair demand.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
In the morning, I spray my hair with water and detangle, then I apply my moisturiser which currently is Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I am very lazy with my night routine, I hardly ever re-twist at night; I usually put my hair in a ponytail and tie my satin scarf.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I avoid heat at all cost, only because of the process of heat protecting. However, I have used heat on my hair 4 times in 2014 but this was spread out over the course of the year.
I love to braid my hair but not very often roughly 10 times in a year.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Lately, Denman brush.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Loose. I am not a very big fan of protective-dos.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes. When I used to texturise my hair, I got a really bad scalp burn across my hair but thank God I still have hair follicles left. I didn't do much to it at the time apart from leave it to soften and use Vaseline.
However, if it has to be since I have gone natural, then I would say the failures of my wash n go’s.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Patience, keep doing what you are doing. Don’t give up, in due time you will accomplish your goal.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
- Youtube: youtube.com/WeLoveAfro
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.