My name is Rochelle and I'm from California.
2. What is your hair type?
My hair type is 3c.
Although I was natural most of my life there was an 8 year period when I wore a curly & straight weave. I wanted the length and I felt insecure about my damaged curls. I've been completely natural now for 7 years and it's because I finally accepted my curls as beautiful.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Transitioning! I didn't do a big chop so I wore extensions throughout my transition. However, my exposed natural hair was completely damaged from heat and color. When I did finally take out my extensions, the exposed hair had a completely different curl pattern then the rest of my hair. It took a few years of growing and trimming to get my curl pattern all the same.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
1-2 times per week I wash my curls with a sulfate free shampoo or cleansing conditioner. I then follow with a moisturizing conditioner. I try to deep condition at least once a week but sometimes I just leave my normal conditioner on longer. I apply my styling products to wet hair (I never dry it) while my head is flipped upside down. Then, I scrunch them and leave them alone until they are 100% dry. Once my curls are dry, I then proceed to fluff with my fingers and a pick for volume.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Fluff and go!
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Place my curls in a pineapple and sleep on a satin pillowcase.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Usually, only if I'm in a rush. I do like the volume a diffuser brings though.
I haven't worn my hair braided since I was in high school. The only time I wear braids now is when I do a braid out overnight.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Normally loose, I love to let my curls be free!
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
A tragedy? How about many tragedies! It's part of my hair life lessons. One that stands out was when I was relaxing and bleaching my hair at the same time. Major fail! Hair loss, breakage and heartbreak. That is when I decided to wear extensions.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Regular trims, scalp massages and deep conditioning.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.