My name is Roshini Cope, also known as Glamazini. I was born and raised on St. Thomas, United States Virgin Islands.
2. What is your hair type?
3C in front and the crown, 4a at the nape and 4b/c on the sides near my ears.
In 1999, I found a thinning spot in my hair and went natural soon afterward. I thought the relaxer was making me lose my hair, and figured I’d press my hair instead. I learned so much about my natural texture that I decided to wear it in its curly state.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
I have thick, dense, fast growing hair. As it gains length it takes a lot of work to wash and style.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
At my current length (4”) my regimen is pretty simple. I deep condition, wash and style every other week. I’ve been rocking a wash-n-go, finger shingles, bantu knotouts and afro puffs.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Depending on the style, I shower with or without a shower cap. I spray with water and/or leave-in conditioner then shape with my fingers.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I sleep on a satin pillowcase with a satin scarf or bonnet #overkill LOL.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I use a blowdryer with a diffuser attachment to dry my wash-n-go.
Recently I wore microbraids and did a series here: Glamazini Microbraid Series. Otherwise I reserve braids for when my hair is longer.
10 Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide-tooth detangler pick and modified Denman brush with rows of teeth removed.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
At this length it is usually loose, as it grows I do more protective styles.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Not really, I’m pretty easy going when it comes to hair so I rarely count anything as a tragedy. I once had someone put glue on my braids that I had to cut out, and also have had texture change from using heat. I’m sure that would have been tragic to someone LOL
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Moisturize, especially your ends, and leave it alone.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
You can find me at
- Blog: Glamazini.com
- YouTube: YouTube.com/Glamazini
- Twitter: Twitter.com/Glamazini
- Instragram: Instragram.com/Glamazini
- Facebook: Facebook.com/IamGlamazini
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.