1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Samantina Zenon, I'm originally from Boston, Massachusetts and I moved to NY six years ago, now I reside in Queens.
2. What is your hair type?
I have Kinky hair. 4C to be exact.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural six years ago, after I graduated high school. My hair doesn't do well with chemicals. My mother had been perming my hair since I was four, and my hair was constantly breaking. I noticed my hair growing a lot faster without perms. That's when I decided to go all natural.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Most likely combing it everyday, because I always braid it at night, and when I'm running late it takes a while. Also washing it. There are methods I follow to wash my hair, and it takes a while.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I use Miss Jessie's Baby Butter Creme on my scalp once or twice a week. It helps my hair grow faster. I also use Knot Today Conditioner to help me detangle my hair, after unbraiding it.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
In the morning when I wake up, I untwist my hair, I shower without a cap, so the heat from the hot water can soothe my hair. Afterwards I apply a moisturizer called Nene's Secret; it makes my hair soft and curly. I apply a small amount, because it keeps the hair soft for a couple of days.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I braid it, and I wear a sleeping cap.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
No, I don't own curling irons or blow dryers.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
I braid it everyday, and in the winter I also braid it, it's my way of protecting my head from getting a cold, lol.
10 Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
Wide tooth comb and a pick.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I love afros most likely loose.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Yes, I texturized my hair, and once again my hair broke, it's kind of like a perm, and you have to do it every 3 months, or your hair will fall off; well mine did. I cut my hair completely and started over.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Learn how to maintain moisture in your hair. This can take a long time to master but is key in preventing breakage. Low manipulation hair styles that can last you from wash to wash can help prevent breakage also.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: