Hello my name is Sasha De La Cruz and I am from New York City I am currently living in the Bronx.
2. What is your hair type?
Deciding what is my hair type was the hardest part, my parents are both Hispanic background, my curls range from 3b to 3c.
I have never gotten a perm in my life. My mother never believed in it and didn't like the idea of manipulating my hair in that way. She loved my big curly hair and left it as it was.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing about natural hair is keeping it moisturize.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I cowash twice a week. Deep conditioned once a week and shampoo once a month.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
My only daily routine is to spray a little bit of water and spray leave in conditioner.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
I don't own a night time routine.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I do not use heat on my hair at all.
I actually don't braid my hair at all.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I use a wide-tooth comb.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
I leave my hair normally loose.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
My biggest hair tragedy was back in May 2014. I had to do a big chop of 4 inches because my hair was heat damaged. It went from shoulder length to chin length. While my mom was cutting it I was crying. I had box braids in for 3 months and did a lot of twist out styles and it eventually all grew back In one year.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
My biggest tip would be is to be patient , no matter how good you take care of your hair, your hair will grow at it own pace. Love your hair unconditionally.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply