Sasha Manley from Hampton, Va living in Charlotte, NC :)
2. What is your hair type?
That's a good question lol My hair is definitely a mixture of the 3 types. It's straighter on top and more kinky on the sides.
I went natural nearly 13 years ago because of a bad perm. I was actually long over due from ditching perms. I've always worn rodded and curly styles
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing in my opinion is learning your hair. Those of us that go natural have been use to permed hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I wash and deep condition on Sundays depending on my schedule and wear it in a protective style until it's almost wash day.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I usually have a light oil to freshen up my twists
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
If needed light moisturizer and a satin scarf
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
The only heat that goes on my hair is when I'm deep conditioning
I haven't had braids in years.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
The wide-tooth comb and I are besties.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Most recently it's been in a protective style.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Over the past two years I've noticed my hair changing. My texture changing. It caused me to kinda go back to scratch with respect to products and styling techniques. I felt it was a tragedy in the beginning lol but I've learned to just embrace the change.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Patience and appreciating your own hair. There is so much hairspiration out there and we sometimes lust over it and forget our own beauty.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
- Blog: thenaturalhighblog.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/naturalhighblog
- Twitter: @NaturalHighBlog
- Instagram: @naturalhighblog
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.