I'm Shenelle Taylor. Born and Raised in the lovely island of Trinidad and Tobago. Now I'm currently in S.Flo
2. What is your hair type?
My texture is a mixture of all 4's. My crown is 4c and my front is 4b and the back is 4a
Since I moved here my hair wasn't growing thick anymore. It was just growing and not getting any thicker, so eventually I just stopped relaxing my hair to see if that help. About a year and 5 months after I decided to chop everything off. I've been natural for about 4 years now
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Lol everything!!! You have to learn your hair like what your hair likes, how often to moisturizer and when to comb through it! It's defiantly a different monster from relaxed hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I was my hair every weekend and also deep condition. My low porosity hair loves that!
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
Every other morning I take down my pineapple and just refresh it with some Shea Moisture hair milk.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Every night I tie it up with a silk cap in a pineapple style to maintain my style.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I do use heat on my hair but NOT often. If I twist or braid my hair late in the day then yes I will use heat to dry it before I go to bed.
I braid my hair maybe once a year not to often. I miss my hair a lot if I do braids or twist in it lol
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I definitely use a width tooth comb on my hair in the shower with conditioner in it. Once it's combed out I use a denman brush
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
Protective due over the weekend then during the week it's loose
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
Fortunately I haven't had one of those since I was natural. When I first started styling my hair it was a bit difficult but I still end up having a nice curl thank God!
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Make sure and deep condition and use oils! Natural hair tend to get dry really quickly due to the curls. It takes a longer time for the natural oils from the roots to get down to the ends. So that extra oil and moisture to the ends of the hair is needed.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.