Tangela Jones Aka NaturalRootSista. I am from Jacksonville, Florida, USA.
2. What is your hair type?
I have been natural since 2010. After years of lifeless damaged hair it was time for me to make a difference in my life. I began to do research on how to better care for my hair and body, researching the different types of ingredients to determine how they could potentially help or harm me. My findings were remarkable and impacted my life in an amazing way. I gained confidence in my appearance, which gave me the ability to talk confidently and boldly. Through my research and personal experience, I am able to motivate and encourage others.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
Researching what the different ingredients were and how they could help or harm your hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
I keep my hair and scalp moisturized daily with rich light oils: grapeseed, avocado, rice brain oil, etc.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
I spritz my hair each morning with a bottle of water and a blend of light oils as I am unraveling my two strand twist or bamboo knots.
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
Pretty much the same as the daytime. The only thing different is I take my time at night and massage my scalp thoroughly. When finished, I twist or I have bamboo knots all over my hair wrapped with a silk scarf.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
I only braid my hair at night after applying my moisturizer or oils.
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
When I did a product review and the product didn’t work on my hair, my hair came out so hard and brittle. I had to do a ACV cleanse to strip all the product out of my hair, then I applied oils onto my scalp.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Don’t be a product junky, find what works for your texture of hair and stick with it. Keep your hair maintained with good oils or moisturizers, also take good care of your scalp, create a morning and nightly routine, and most importantly eat healthy and drink lots of water.
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.