1. What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Traeh and I’m from Baltimore, Maryland.
2. What is your hair type?
I believe my hair type is a 4b.
3. When did you go natural and what made you do it?
I went natural on January 28, 2014. I went natural because I was tired of getting relaxers and wearing wigs and weaves. I just wanted to embrace my natural hair.
4. What was the most challenging thing about going natural?
The most challenging thing about going natural was finding a good regimen. In the beginning it’s hard trying to figure out what works for your hair and what doesn’t if you aren’t used to wearing your natural hair.
5. What is your weekly regimen?
Every week I cleanse my hair with a cleansing conditioner then follow up with a good ol’ deep condition. Once I am done with that, I’ll prep my hair for styling. Usually, I can last a week without having to completely restyle my hair.
6. What is your daily morning regimen?
In the mornings, if I’m rocking a wash & go, I’ll spritz my hair with water, fluff, and go! Other than that, I’ll just pick out my fro and be on my way!
7. What is your daily night time regimen?
If my hair is in a twist out and braid out, then at night I will spritz it with a little water, apply some Jamaican Black Castor Oil to my hair, and retwist or rebraid my hair in slightly bigger sections. If my hair is in a wash & go, I will put my hair in 4 ponytails to stretch it. Then I’ll cover my hair with my satin scarf or bonnet (whichever one I can find lol) and call it a night.
8. Do you use heat on your hair at all?
Nope, I don’t put any heat on my hair.
9. Do you braid your hair? If so, how often do you do so in a year?
10. Wide-tooth comb or Denman brush?
I’m a big fan of finger detangling.
11. Is your hair normally loose or in a protective-do?
The majority of the time I wear my hair in a high puff.
12. Have you ever had a hair tragedy? What was it? How did you recover from it?
I dyed my hair a light brown color, got bored, and then dyed it black. I experienced more dryness than usual from those chemical processes so that was kind of a hair tragedy for me. My hair is still extra dry sometimes but I keep it moisturized and do lots of deep conditions and its been working for my hair.
13. What's your biggest tip for maintaining healthy or long hair?
Less manipulation is KEY!
14. Where can we find you online? (blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc).
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
Want to be featured as a Queen of Kinks, Curls & Coil?
Here's how to apply.
Who's The Queen of Kinks?
You are! Everyone is the queen of their own kinks, curls & coils. We'd love to hear your natural hair story. Enter.
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy:
Click To Buy: