15 mins to prepare, 15 to 20 mins in the oven.
- 110g (4 ounces) 70% dark choclate chocolate
- 120g (1/2 cup) unsalted or salted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 60g (4 tablespoons) sugar
- 45g (3 tablespoons) self-raising flour
- Icing sugar
- Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 220 degrees C (430 degrees F).
- Spray ramekins or oven proof mugs like I used with cake release spray.
- Melt chocolate with butter in a heat proof glass bowl placed over a pot of boiling water. Remove from heat when fully melted. You can microwave if you want but I don't.
- Beat eggs, yolks and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed in a deep bowl until thick and pale. It should take about 5 minutes. Pour egg mixture into chocolate mixture. Whisk in flour. Beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into mugs/ramekins. Reduce oven to 200 degrees C (390 degrees F).
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until cakes have risen and have a thin crust, sides are set and cakes are slightly jiggly in the centre; under baking is better than over baking if you like a soft centre. I like mine not to be gooeey so I baked for 20 mins.
- Carefully invert each cake onto a serving plate and let sit for a minute.
- Dust tops with confectioners' sugar. Microwave frozen berries for a minute, pour onto side plate and serve immediately.
I know I did well because my husband's eyes lit up when I presented his cake and he said, "I'm a lucky man!" I can't argue with that :)
Want to Build a 6-Figure Beauty Business from the comfort of your sofa? Then my course is designed for YOU!
"Beauty" includes a WIDE range of products from the not so obvious non-perishable foods and crafts to the more obvious hair, makeup, fashion, health & fitness.
Learn more about The Money Spot Program.