- Detangle damp hair - not very wet (it's much weaker than dry hair); not very dry (it's very brittle).
- Use a good quality detangler to help with the process. Conditioner or moisturizer will do if you don't have a detangler but a detangler is best because it contains more detangling ingredients.
- Cover your head in a shower cap to soften your hair.
- Always use your fingers first.
- Don't force a tangle apart, ease it out gently.
- When you start using the wide tooth comb, don't force it through when you come across hard tangles - go back to using fingers.
- Finally, prevent the tangling to begin with. Here are 8 Ways To Prevent Natural Hair From Getting Tangled.
Get your FREE ebook on How To Grow Long, Healthy Natural Kinky or Curly Hair.
You might also like: